The purpose of this personal data protection policy is to inform you in a clear and transparent manner about the data we collect, the use we make of it and your rights regarding this data.
The data controller
THE ROAD, a limited liability company established at 1325 Chaumont-Gistoux, avenue des moissonneurs 24 (VAT number: BE0 749 532 559), is responsible for processing your personal data.
Personal data processed
THE ROAD only collects and processes the data that you have communicated to it personally during a request that you have sent to it (via the contact form, by mail, email or telephone) or during a purchase in Shop or on its website theroad.cc.
Only the data necessary to respond to your request are processed: civility; name ; first name ; email, address and/or telephone; title, last name, first name, email, delivery address and billing address, telephone number for online purchases.
Purposes (goals) of processing
Your personal data is only processed to respond to your request (when you ask a question via our contact form) or to process an order (for example an online purchase, a repair, etc.) or when the processing is necessary for THE ROAD to comply with a legal obligation imposed on it.
Depending on the case, the processing is based on Articles 6.1, a (consent), 6.1, b (execution of the contract or pre-contractual measures) or 6.1, c (compliance with a legal obligation) of the General Data Protection Regulation of April 27, 2016 (hereinafter “GDPR”).
With your special consent, we also use your data for sending advertisements by email, for sending newsletters or for invitations to events. Consent can be withdrawn at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
Communication to third parties
Your personal data is not communicated to third parties.
Data retention period
We only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which you communicated them to us or to allow THE ROAD to comply with its legal obligations to keep records (including accounting and tax).
This deadline will be extended for the management of a possible dispute.
The theroad.cc site only uses essential cookies.
These are small files which are placed on the Internet user's computer, mobile phone or tablet during their visit to the website and which are essential to establish communication on the Internet and to provide the service requested by the user. visitor to the site (e.g. form or online purchase).
The lifespan of these cookies is limited to the duration of the user's session.
Rights regarding your personal data
You have the right :
- to request access to the personal data which concerns you and which we process. We will provide you with a copy of this data,
- to have any data concerning you that is inaccurate or incomplete corrected,
- to request the erasure (right to be forgotten) of the data concerning you under the conditions set out in Article 17 of the GDPR (in particular if the data is no longer necessary in view of the objectives for which they were collected, when the processing is based on your consent and you withdraw this consent, when the processing is unlawful),
- to request a limitation of the processing of your data under the conditions set out in Article 18 of the GDPR (in particular if you contest the accuracy of the data, for a period allowing us to verify the accuracy of the data),
- to object to the processing of your personal data for reasons relating to your particular situation under the conditions set out in Article 21 of the GDPR,
- to request a copy of your personal data to transmit them to another data controller in the cases provided for in Article 20 GDPR.
To prevent a third party from manipulating your data, we may ask you to provide us with a copy of the front of your identity card.
Questions, exercise of your rights and complaints
You can send any questions or exercise your rights regarding your data by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In Belgium, the supervisory authority is the “Data Protection Authority” (www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be).
Security and confidentiality of your data
THE ROAD confirms that it has taken technical and organizational measures intended to ensure the protection and confidentiality of your data.
Version August 27, 2020